Retailers need to implement Google Authorship with their Google Plus accounts to get credit for their content. When you do, your Google Plus profile pic shows up in the SERPS and your content also gets a boost for your G+ followers.
It's Day 7 and my thumbnail just showed up. Your mileage may vary.
Here's the method I used: http://www.blindfiveyearold.com/how-to-implement-rel-author
- Create a Google Plus profile page.
- Create an author page on the same domain where your content is hosted.
- Link with a rel=me to your Google Plus profile from your author page.
- Link with a rel=me from your Google Plus profile to your author page in the CONTRIBUTOR TO section.
- Finally, on your content, link with a rel=author to your author page.
- Once your links are all live on the Web, use the
- Structured Data Testing Tool aka Rich Snippets Testing tool to make sure your code is right. See http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/richsnippets
It took my robsnell.com domain only 7 days for the thumbnail to show up for the homepage. Since I'm using my real Gmail account, Google knows I'm a real user because I'm in here 18 hours a day. I'll post more when the other pages come online.
LINKS TO AUTHOR PAGES
Scroll to the bottom of this page:
Danny's Search Engine Land (current)